Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The saddest thing I ever saw.....

I went to the funeral of an acquaintance's teenage son. I was able to keep it together until the mom broke down.....not able to leave the grave site......couldn't leave her son alone in the ground. As I left the funeral I couldn't help think how I could now go on with my life and experience nice thoughts and generally have a nice day........her life would never be the same.......I don't know if she'll ever experience another truly happy moment......I don't know her well enough to know that. It seemed to me somehow that the world should stop out of respect for her loss.....but, it didn't. We were able to move on.........it was the saddest thing I have ever seen........I pray for her alot. No open latte today.

No comments:

Post a Comment