Sunday, August 29, 2010

Can you be over qualified and under qualified for the same job?

On Monday I had an interview with the president of a small company. As he read my resume and chatted with me, he marveled at how over qualified I was for the position. I thought the interview went well, because he told me that he wanted me to talk with the C.F.O.

On Tuesday I had the interview with the C.F.O. of the company. As she read my resume and chatted with me she mentioned that I was under qualified for the position. I thought my opportunity for the position was over. However, at the end of the interview she said she would call me by the end of the week. Well........today is Saturday so, I guess I am officially over qualified and under qualified for the same job. I think they deserve an Open Latte for this one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment