Friday, October 1, 2010

And that's why God made travel mugs.......

Yawn....it was morning, time to drive my high school son to school.

Before I go on with my story, you need to know that I need coffee in the morning.......I want that cup of coffee. "Helpful" family members and friends often suggest that I would be healthier if I cut coffee out of my diet.....and drink herb tea.....HA ! You know what, it would be healthier for THEM to stop suggesting this.

Months ago when I used to work (not working is a recent gig for me) I always put my morning cup of life into a cute pink and green polka dotted travel mug. But, recently, since I know that I am not really going anywhere, I put it into a regular, rather boring coffee cup.

So, there we are in the car.....me with coffee cup in hand.....no longer complaining about the stay-at-home moms taking too long in the carpool line....when......my son mentions to me that one of his contact lenses is uncomfortable....so, now that I am "Super stay- at -home-unemployed mom," and am able to meet my families needs before they finish their request...... I perch my coffee cup on the dashboard and reach into my enormous purse and hand him my eye drops.....just then......I needed to pull up in the carpool line....my toe tapped the gas peddle....OOOOOPS.....the coffee cup is no longer perched on the dashboard but is flying, slow motion, like The MATRIX version of slow motion...through the air then drenching my son. Did I mention that we were also running late for school.....yes, of course, this would be the day to forget that God made travel mugs for a good reason ! Open Latte !

No comments:

Post a Comment