Sunday, October 17, 2010

To Pray or not to pray.......

Since I am still looking for a job, I spend the majority of each day filling out on-line job applications. You'd think that, by now, I'd be a professional application filler-outer......Nope.

Once in a while these on-line job applications come with a "test" that you have to take. These little tests are "timed." This is not a big problem for me since I can type really, really fast. I often have time to edit my answers.

So, picture this....it's morning, I'm in my pajamas sipping hot coffee casually filling out on-line job applications. I clicked on a job that interested me and one of those timed exams popped up on my screen. Yawn....the smart side of me suggested that I take the exam later in the day........but, the side of me that always wins these head-case tug of wars told me to get it over with. I muddled through the hour long exam and reached the final question. The final question went something like this: "if the top selling store in your district had a major drop in profits for the last quarter, what are some of the things that you would do to get the numbers back up?" I wrote down a list of practical and creative ideas until I hit a total blank......a random strike of brain fog......so, I started to giggle and typed in "pray"...... just as I was going to hit the backspace button a few times to delete the silly entry......another little window popped up with a new message: "FINISHED" as in, you are SO out of time ! Oh, no, I couldn't erase the last answer ! Sigh.....well, I can only hope that either a very spiritual person is doing the hiring for this position......or, someone with a really good sense of humor ! Open Latte.......

1 comment: