Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

I arrived home from the airport around midnight on Mother's Day. All three of my sons, Chris, Stephen, and Derek, had already texted me "Happy Mother's Day." I was a very happy mommy. When I walked into the house I dropped my luggage because I could see presents up on the kitchen counter! No way! Guys......without any nudging from a parent actually went out and bought presents for me.....and, gulp, even used gift bags and tissue paper to wrap them in ? Wow ! I tore open the cards and gifts as they laughed at my surprize. At that moment I felt extraordinarily loved and grateful for such thoughtful sons. Just then they said, "we're not done.....go into your bedroom, there's more in there." As I walked into my bedroom.....what I saw ...... did not make me happy........ all my bedding and sheets.... and my numerous decorative pillows, were all tossed in a humongous heap on the floor. "Well guys," I said sarcastically, "thanks for tearing up my bed......I don't get it." Then they said, "Mom, LOOK closer. I then noticed the small index card from The Mattress Firm with their signature, individually wrapped mints carefully placed on top. NO WAY, SHUT UP, OMG! It was a BRAND NEW king sized, cushy, cozy, mattress set! My oldest son, Chris, a Manager at Mattress Firm, did this while I was out of town ....... pause ....... pause and ponder ...... and then see the lightbulb over my head turn on. Aha, so that's why he kept asking me to go to a Mattress Firm store to tell him which mattress I liked. (Background info: my husband and I had a king sized sink hole in our king sised mattress and we kept putting off getting a new one $$.) Shouldn't I hve been suspiscious when Chris called me on the phone to quiz me as to what I most looked for in a mattress? Nope......it never, ever occurred to me that he'd go and buy me a mattress set.........OPEN LATTE !

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, that's so sweet! Thank goodness for Open Latte as it kept it as a surprise for you!

    ReplyDelete